THE ORDER OF THE PROCEDURE
a. Remove artifacts.
b. Measure part.
c. Set control panel.
d. Technical Factors:
1. Film size: 10 x 12" (24 x 30 cm) LW
3. Minimum of 3 sec. exposure time with breathing technique
f. Patient/Part position: Erect or supine
1. Posterior surface of shoulder in direct contact with table top without rotation of thorax
2. Position patient so that the center point of the film is to mid-scapula area, which is 2" inferior to
the coracoid process
3. Gently abduct arm 90 degrees and supinate hand
g. CR: Direct CR to mid-scapula, 2" inferior
h. SID: 40" to
to coracoid process, perpendicular to film
sides to area of scapula
k. Respiration: Breathing technique is preferred
if patient can cooperate, ask patient to gently
breathe short shallow breaths without moving
affected shoulder or arm.
l. Shielding: Place gonadal shield over pelvic area
m. Demonstrates: Frontal view of scapula with lateral border free from rib superimposition