THE ORDER OF THE PROCEDURE
a. Remove artifacts.
b. Measure part.
c. Set control panel.
d. Technical Factors: Films size: 10 x 12" (24 x 30 cm) LW, Bucky
f. Patient/Part position: Erect or recumbent position
1. Patient facing cassette in an anterior oblique position
2. Have patient reach across front of chest and grasp opposite shoulder
3. Palpate borders of scapula and rotate patient until the scapula is in a true lateral position
4. The average patient will be rotated 30 to 40 degrees from the lateral position
5. Align scapula to midline of cassette
g. CR: Direct CR to mid vertebral border of
h. SID: 40" to
scapula, perpendicular to film
to area of scapula
k. Respiration: Suspend respiration during
l. Shielding: Secure gonadal shield around waist
m. Demonstrates: Lateral scapula projected clear of the rib cage
A fracture of the body of the scapula is best demonstrated in this position