SUPPORT OFFERED BY THE U.S. ARMY ENVIRONMENTAL HYGIENE
a. Basic Services. The basic services that USAEHA offers in the field of
preventive medicine are to:
(1) Provide specialized consultation services.
(2) Conduct surveys, investigations, and research.
(3) Provide training and information.
b. Consultation. The United States Army Environmental Hygiene Agency has a
variety of consultation services. Some examples are to:
(1) Consult on food service operations, solid waste handling practices,
housing and recreational facilities, medical facility environmental procedures, and
(2) Provide consultation and technical assistance on the disposal of
hazardous and toxic materials.
(3) Ensure compliance with Federal animal care regulations and provide
consultation services in veterinary medicine and pathology, research physiology,
toxicology, and pharmacology.
(4) Consult with military, Federal, or civilian scientific groups to develop air,
water, noise, radiation, pesticide, solid waste, and environmental control standards and
(5) Provide consultation and health and safety studies to ensure compliance
with the requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and the
Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospitals.
c. Surveys, Investigations, and Research. Some examples of research
services offered by USAEHA are to:
(1) Perform research in air, water, and noise pollution.
(2) Study and evaluate hazards from ionizing and nonionizing radiation. This
includes conducting radiation protection programs to ensure that the medical treatment
facility is following Army and Federal regulations.
(3) Evaluate environmental materials for possible toxicological hazards.