EXERCISES, LESSON 4
INSTRUCTIONS. Answer the following exercises by marking the lettered response that
best answers the question or by writing the answer in the space(s) at the end of the
After you have completed all the exercises, turn to "Solutions to Exercises" at the
end of the lesson, and check your answers with the solutions.
1. What is the mission of the preventive medicine service at a fixed facility?
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR EXERCISES 2 THROUOGH 6. The duties described
in exercises 2-6 are performed by either the commander at a fixed installation or by the
chief of the preventive medicine activity. Indicate who performs the duty by writing
"commander" or "chief of preventive medicine" in the space beside the activity.
2. Establishes an SOP for accomplishing
preventive medicine services.
3. Directs preventive medicine services t
hroughout the health service area.
4. Establishes the preventive medicine
service for the installation.
5. Initiates education programs in the
various aspects of preventive medicine.
the preventive medicine service.
7. State the major difference between the focus of a preventive medicine program in
the field and at a fixed installation.