b. The functions of the occupational health section are to:
(1) Conduct the medical surveillance program for military and civilian
workers exposed to hazardous working conditions.
Conduct health education programs and provide health counseling.
(3) Establish and maintain an occupational health evaluation program for
those jobs where actual or potential occupational health hazards exist. Information
maintained by this evaluation program should be updated periodically.
(4) Conduct industrial hygiene inventories, surveys, and studies on worker
exposure to actual or potential health hazards.
(5) Establish and conduct a program of occupational health services for all
employees, military, and civilian. The goal is to assure that each employee receives
essential preventive and remedial health care.
(6) Conduct epidemiological investigations of all occupational illnesses.
This includes assistance to safety officers regarding occupational injuries.
(7) Conduct a Hearing Conservation Program in accordance with
TB MED 251.
(8) Conduct an Occupational Vision Program designed to preserve eyesight
and ensure safe, effective, job performance.
(9) Conduct a Pregnancy Surveillance Program to ensure that the working
environment does not adversely affect a pregnant woman's health.
(10) Establish and maintain liaison with:
(a) Civilian personnel offices within the Health Service Area (HSA).
(b) Directors of industrial operations or comparable officials, as
designated by the installation commanders within the HSA.
(c) The medical authority concerning all satellite installations within the
(d) Installation safety offices within the HSA.