l. Length of Service. For U.S. Uniformed Services personnel, foreign military
personnel, and cadets of the U.S. Uniformed Service academies, enter total length of all
AD service as of this admission (see table 1-6).
Data Item and Explanation
Entry to AD to 30 days
One month, less than 12
Twelve months to 40 years
Table 1-6. Length of Service.
(1) Less than 1 month record in days such as "12days," data code 12D.
(2) Less than 1 year record in months using completed months such as
"11months, " data code 11M.
(3) From 1 year to 40 years record in years using completed years such as "18
years" for service of 18 years and 9 months, data code 18Y.
(4) If days, months, years of service are less than 10, enter a "0" in the first
position. This is a required field for AD. For all other patients, leave blank.
Do not use unknown (ZZZ) for AD Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps or Reserve
and National Guard personnel or for Service Academy Cadets.
m. Expiration of term of service (ETS).
(1) Enter that date of ETS for all active duty personnel.
(2) For family members enter date of expiration of identification card, DD Form
(3) For all other patients, leave blank.
n. Family Member Prefix (FMP). The AAD office will determine the correct code
from the interview (see table 1-7).