(2) When the council unanimously concurs with recommendations of the
physical evaluation board, or if it makes only minor changes or corrections, which do not
affect the disposition of the member or lower the percentage so as to reduce the member's
disability rating, the case records are forwarded with the Council's recommendations to
PERSCOM, ATTN: (DAPC-MSS-RD) for first action.
(3) If there is not unanimous agreement as to the findings and recommendations
or if the member does not concur with revised recommendations of the council, the case is
forwarded to the Army Physical Disability Appeal Board.
(4) When considered necessary for proper review, disability evaluation cases
may be returned to the physical evaluation board for reconsideration, clarification, further
investigation, or additional information, including further diagnostic procedures.
5-35. ARMY PHYSICAL DISABILITY APPEALS BOARD (APDAB)
a. Responsibilities and Functions.
(1) The APDAB is a component of the Army Council of Review Boards in the
Office of the Secretary of the Army. They review disability evaluation cases forwarded by
the USAPDA and other cases referred to it.
(2) In considering disability evaluation cases referred to it, the APDAB
(a) The member received a full and fair hearing.
(b) The evaluation proceedings conformed to current law and governing
(c) Findings and recommendations of the Physical Evaluation Board, as
changed or modified by the USAPDA are supported by substantial evidence.
b. Possible Actions.
(1) The APDAB takes action on each case and forwards it to the Personnel
Command (PERSCOM) or other Army agency or activity as appropriate.