EXERCISES, LESSON 3
REQUIREMENT. Answer the following items by marking the lettered response(s) that
best answers the items, by completing the incomplete statement, or by writing the answer
in the space provided at the end of the items.
After you have completed all items, turn to "Solutions to Exercise," at the end of the
lesson and check your answers with the solutions.
1. What is the bases for line of duty determinations?
2. Define "proximate cause?"
3. What is the meaning of the acronym, "NLD-NDOM?"
4. Who orders a formal line of duty investigation?
5. Line of duty investigation and resulting determinations apply to all of the following
military personnel except:
a. Army personnel on active duty.
b. Members of the corps of cadets.
c. Retired members of the Army.
d. Members of ARNG on annual training.