(6) Current locations:
(a) PACOM: Korea, Guam, Okinawa, Japan, and Hawaii.
(b) EUCOM: Italy.
f. Medical Treatment Facility (MTF).
(1) Component operated.
(2) Functions: Inspects, stores, and transfuses blood.
(3) Each DEPMEDS hospital will have the capability to collect 180 units whole
blood for extreme emergencies, to include platelets.
3-6. BLOOD AND BLOOD PRODUCTS
a. Blood and blood products available in TO:
(1) Liquid packed RBCs.
(2) Frozen RBCs.
(3) Deglycerolized packed RBCs .
(4) Fresh frozen plasma (FFP).
(1) Liquid packed RBCs: 35 days (CPDA-1) or 42 days (Adsol).
(2) Frozen packed RBCs:
1 Peacetime: 10 years.
2 War stock: 21 years.
(b) Post- thaw and deglycerolized:
1 Peacetime: transfuse in 24 hrs.
2 Wartime: transfuse in 72 hrs.