(9) Item 12. Outdated: Enter the total quantity of units that expired while in
inventory. Do not include frozen, deglycerolized, washed, rejuvenated, partially
transfused, autologous, therapeutic, or directed donation units.
Item 13. Total number of units frozen. Item 13a refers to units frozen
within 6 days of collection (not rejuvenated).
Item 14. Other Dispositions: Includes units destroyed due to positive
screening tests, contamination, over/underdraws, autologous, therapeutic, directed
Item 15. Ending Inventory: Units on hand as of 2359 hours on the final
day of the report period.
Item 16. Quarterly Total: Total dispositions for report period. Add items
9-15. This number must match item 8.
c. Section II - Other Components.
(1) Items 17-29. Columns a through l must be completed for each component
as applicable. Columns e and l must match.
(2) Item 20. Platelets are not currently frozen, so these items will be left blank.
(3) Item 24. Plasma (pheresis) includes both source plasma and therapeutic
plasma collected by apheresis.
d. Section III - Product Management Statistics.
(1) Item 30. Total Donors Interviewed: Includes donors collected or deferred.
(2) Item 31. Total RBC/WB Crossmatches: Total number of SF 518s for
(3) Item 32. Total RBC/WB transfused: Calculated as total units transfused
(item 9) plus deglycerolized RBCs transfused (item 18f), Washed RBCs transfused
(item 27f), and Leukocyte-poor products transfused (item 28f). If using an electronic
program, it will fill this number in for you.
(4) Item 33. Crossmatch: Transfusion Ratio: Divide item 31 by item 32.
Express the result as a ratio to 1. Acceptable standard is < 3:1.
(5) Items 34 - 36. Self explanatory.