d. Lateral Control. Adjust the side-to-side tilt by engaging the short lateral
handle in the side tilt control.
(1) Turn clockwise for left tilt.
Turn counterclockwise for right tilt.
e. Head Section Control. Adjust the head section by depressing the release
plate located underneath the head.
(1) From the horizontal position, you can move the head section up 45
degrees or down 45 degrees.
(2) You can extend the head section by unscrewing the clamp knobs and
moving the head to the desired position, then tighten the clamps.
f. Leg Section Control.
(1) To raise the leg section, pull up on each leg until you achieve the
(2) To lower the leg section, depress the release latch underneath each
section. You can stop at any position by releasing the release latch.
(3) To spread the legs, unscrew the lock knob under each section and move
it to the desired position.
Tighten each knob after it has been moved.
Section II. MALFUNCTIONING COMPONENTS
You use a troubleshooting guide to help isolate the cause of malfunctions. First,
locate the symptom listed in the guide, and then check the probable causes until you
locate the cause of the malfunction. Refer to the troubleshooting guide in the appendix.
Also, refer to figure 1-2 and figures 1-5 through 1-13 for identification of parts.