g. Replace the Seat Section, Trunnion, and Bearing. To replace the seat
section, trunnion and bearing, perform the following procedures:
Remove the leg sections, back section, and lateral screw assemblies.
(2) Support the seat section while removing the four capscrews and two
Lift off the seat frame and remove the drive screw assembly.
(4) Remove the two retaining rings, nylon washers, and remove the
(5) With an assistant supporting the trunnion, remove the two capscrews
and washers. Drive out the lateral pin.
(6) Lift off the trunnion. Take care not to lose the nylon washer located
between the hanger arm of the trunnion and the support arm of the drive screw bracket.
(7) Remove the four capscrews which fasten the drive screw bracket to the
top of the column. Remove the bracket.
(8) Remove the four capscrews which fasten the drive screw bracket to the
top of the column.
h. Replace the Vertical Gear Box Assembly. To replace the vertical gear box
assembly (figure 1-11), perform the following procedures:
With the aid of two or three assistants, carefully turn the operating table
on its side.
Lay the table top on the mats to prevent damage.
(2) Drive out the spring steel pin that secures the universal joint to the end
of the vertical drive gear shaft. Discard the old pin and use a new pin during
reassembly. Remove the four capscrews and the gear box cover (Figure 1-9, part 5).
(3) From inside the gear box, remove the three machine screws that secure
the gear box housing to the bearing retainer at the lower end of the sliding column
(Figure 1-10, part 8).
(4) Remove the five capscrews that secure the gear box housing to the
underside of the base (Figure 1-8, part 15).
Carefully remove the vertical gear box.