Match the description in Column I to the term in Column II.
(1) ____ Produces an acid and demineralizes enamel.
(2) ____ Forms at or near the gingival tissue level.
b. Mucin network.
(3) ____ A sticky protein material.
c. Cariogenic plaque.
(4) ____ Includes food particles, cellular debris,
d. Periogenic plaque.
Most calculus consists mostly of ________ ___________ from saliva precipitate.
How many days does it take plaque to become calcified (reach maximum mineral
Match the following list of characteristics to the type of calculus.
a. Supragingival calculus.
b. Subgingival calculus.
(1) ____ Collects on the clinical crown.
(2) ____ Below the crest of the marginal gingiva.
(3) ____ Dark-brown to greenish black in color.
(4) ____ Usually white to creamy-white.
(5) ____ Near salivary opening.
(6) ____ Has serum protein.
(7) ____ Flintlike in consistency.
(8) ____ Especially on the lingual and proximal surfaces of
mandibular anterior teeth.
(9) ____ Especially on the facial and proximal surfaces of the
maxillary first and second molars.