EXERCISES, LESSON 2
INSTRUCTIONS: Answer the following exercises by marking the lettered response that
best answers the question or best completes the incomplete statement or by writing the
answer in the space provided.
After you have completed all the exercises, turn to "Solutions to Exercises" at the
end of the lesson and check your answers.
A list of responsibilities follows. Match the duty to the person responsible for
performing the action.
a. = Dental Specialist
b. = Preventive Dental Specialist
(1) _____ Performs root planing and curettage.
(2) _____ Instructs patients on basic oral hygiene care.
(3) _____ Applies topical fluoride to the teeth.
(4) _____ Conducts oral history interviews.
(5) _____ Removes all tooth deposits.
(6) _____ Applies pit and fissure sealants.
(7) _____ Performs and records plaque and gingival bleeding indices.
(8) _____ Instructs in preventive dentistry.
Complete the following statements related to patient motivation.
a. Learning to be a good ___________________ is essential.
b. The goal in a preventive dentistry education program is to ____________ the
patient that the new oral health________________ are beneficial.