3-13. COMBAT SERVICE SUPPORT FACILITIES
a. At Echelon (Level) 1, this unit provides the following divisional level logistic DS to a
heavy division brigade and other divisional units located in the brigade support area:
(1) Division-level logistic support of Classes I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX,
and water supplies.
(2) Water supply points in the division and brigade support areas for
purification and distribution of water.
Unclassified map supply service.
(4) Field services such as clothing exchange, bath, decontamination and
graves registration when augmentations are authorized.
A salvage collection point for all types of supplies.
Materiel collection and classification facilities.
(7) Motor transport for distribution of supplies to the FSBs, for division
reserve supplies, to assist in the displacement of units, and to supplement the means
available to division units when required.
(8) Provides intermediate (forward) maintenance on all authorized
equipment of the division, less those organic or habitually attached to the maneuver
Provides supplementary and backup support to maintenance companies
of the FSB.
(10) Provides limited vehicular recovery assistance to supported units.
(11) Performs technical assistance to divisional units as required.
(12) Division-level and unit-level health service support on an area basis for
troops located in the DSA. This support includes medical staff services, medical supply
(Class VIII) and organizational maintenance of medical equipment.
(13) Provides a mobile facility for receiving, sorting, and performing initial
resuscitation, and preparation for further evacuation of seriously ill, wounded, or injured
patients generated from within the DSA and evacuated from the medical companies.
(14) Evacuation coordination of patients to destination treatment facilities.