(15) A patient holding facility of 160 cots for minimally ill or injured patients
who do not require hospital level treatment and who are expected to return to duty
within 96 hours.
(16) Ground evacuation of patients from units within the brigade and DSA.
(17) Plans and conducts rear operations as assigned by the DISCOM
commander, primarily base self-defense.
b. Augmentation increases the capability of the unit to the extent provided by the
personnel and equipment. (See each applicable TOE).
c. Individuals of this organization, except medical personnel and the chaplain,
can assist in the defense of the unit's area or installation.
d. This unit performs organizational maintenance on organic equipment within
the capabilities of component tables.
e. This organization is dependent upon--.
(1) Appropriate units of the division/corps for finance, legal, personnel and
(2) The division support command headquarters, company, and division
materiel management center, TOE 63002J4, level supply, maintenance, transportation,
and medical management
f. Basis of allocation--One per support command, headquarters or division
armored or mechanized division, TOE 63001J4.
Figure 3-6. Transportation aircraft maintenance battalion.