3-11. COMBAT SERVICE SUPPORT CAPABILITIES
a. At Echelon (level) 1, this unit provides the following division level logistic direct
support to a heavy division brigade and other divisional units located in a brigade support areas:
(1) When organized under TOE 63005J410 it supports 2 tank and 1
mechanized battalions, under TOE 63005J420 2 tank and 2 mechanized battalions, and
under TOE 63005J430 1 tank and 2 mechanized battalions.
(2) Division-level logistic support of Classes (300 short tons per day), VII, VIII,
and IX supplies.
(3) Intermediate (forward) (1M-E) maintenance for common and land missile
materiel normally located in the brigade support area. The light maintenance company
(4) Field services such as clothing exchange, bath, decontamination and
graves registration, when provided appropriate teams from the supply and transport
battalion of COSCOM.
(5) Coordination and supervision for non-organic transportation and
resources allocated to support brigade operations.
Materiel collection and classification facilities.
Unclassified map supply service.
A limited capability to carry reserve supplies.
(9) Combat service support information and advice to the DISCOM
commander, supported brigade commander and his staff, on support capabilities
provided by the battalion.
(10) Plans and conducts rear operations as assigned by the supported
brigade commander, primarily base self-defense.
(11) Coordinated division-level health service support for the brigade and
unit-level health service support on an area basis for the troops located in the brigade
support area. This support includes medical staff services, medical supply (Class VIII),
and organizational maintenance of medical equipment.
b. This unit performs organizational maintenance on organic communications
c. This unit is dependent upon--
(1) Appropriate elements of the division corps for finance, legal, personnel,
and administration services.