5-31. TABLE OF ORGANIZATION AND EQUIPMENT 8-640 MEDICAL FACILITY
These teams perform medical professional and ancillary service functions in
support and as a part of expanded fixed strength MTF. They are allocated based on the
number of beds by which a hospital's patient capacity is expanded.
a. Physical Reconditioning Teams. These teams are normally attached to a
convalescent center to expand its capabilities.
(1) Team LO, Reconditioning Battalion Headquarters. This team provides
command and control for two to six reconditioning companies (Team LP).
(2) Team LP, Reconditioning Company, provides reconditioning for up to
200 patients expected to return to duty under existing evacuation policies.
b. Pharmacy, Laboratory, and X-Ray Teams.
(1) Team MQ, Pharmacy, Lab, and X-Ray Control, provides
coordination, professional supervision and control for Teams MR, MS, and MT.
Team MR, Pharmacy (1 per 200 expansion beds).
Team MS, Clinical Laboratory (1 per 200 expansion beds).
Team MT, X-Ray (1 per 100 expansion beds).
c. Medical and Surgical Service Teams.
(1) Team QA, Medical Service Control, provides supervision and control for
treatment elements providing services for 100 to 300 medical inpatients.
(2) Team QB, Surgical Service Control, provides supervision and control for
surgical elements providing services for 100 to 300 surgical inpatients.
(3) Team QC, Outpatient Service, provides hospital units with an additional
outpatient capability to support a population of 3,000 to 5,000 troops.
(4) Team QD, Inpatient Medicine, expands the inpatient capability of a MTF
by 30 to 50 inpatients.
(5) Team QE, Inpatient Surgery, performs surgery, normally, as a single