Team LA, Entomology Service.
Team LB, Environmental Sanitation.
Team LC, Environmental Engineering Service.
Team LO, Epidemiology Service.
Team LE, Entomology Laboratory.
b. Blood Bank Service Teams. The6e teams provide blood collecting,
processing, and distribution for medical facilities throughout theater Army.
Team NA, Blood Processing.
Team NB, Blood Collecting.
Team NC, Blood Distribution.
c. Area Medical Treatment Teams. These teams provide service support for
troops not otherwise supported, as follows:
(1) Team OA, Dispensary, provides dispensary service for approximately
(2) Team OB, General Dispensary, provides dispensary service for an area
with a troop population of 1,000 to 5,000 troops.
(3) Team DC, General Dispensary, provides dispensary service for an area
with a troop population of 5,000 to 10,000 troops.
(4) Team OH, Optometry Service, provides optometric service and limited
spectacle fabrication and repair for 19,000 nondivisional troops.
(5) Team OM, Psychiatric Service, provides three area mental hygiene
5-30. TABLE OF ORGANIZATION AND EQUIPMENT 8-630, MEDICAL
PROFESSIONAL AND ANCILLARY SERVICE TEAMS
These teams increase the patient treatment capabilities of fixed strength medical
units where less than company size functional augmentations are required. They are
allocated based on the troop strength supported and are attached to the hospitals
where the particular specialties are most needed.