6. Muscle soreness is often the result of the tearing of the ____ attachment to the
7. A multipennate muscle is generally much (weaker) (stronger) than a ribbon muscle.
The ribbon muscles have a (longer) (shorter) distance of contraction than that of the
8. As a muscle extends beyond its resting length, the tension produced by FCT fibers
becomes ______er and ______er. Thus, as a whole skeletal muscle lengthens, the
tension produced (increases) (decreases) greatly.
9. In the anaerobic sequence for the production of ATP, the ultimate product is
_______ acid. As this occurs, the muscle becomes _____er and unable to function
well. Before the muscle can function well again, the muscle must be replenished with
10. At the margins of a wound to a skeletal muscle, the healthy striated muscle fibers
ded___________te. The regenerating muscle fibers will actually join and produce a
whole muscle again if there has been proper removal of ________d tissue and ______n
materials (deb________t) and if the edges of the live muscle tissue are c_____ly
_____ed to each other.
11. The potential secondary role of a skeletal muscle is important. First, it may mask
the fact that another muscle is not _____ing _______ly. Second, when a muscle is
known to work improperly, another muscle's secondary role can be developed through
_________s so that it will perform the action of the first muscle.
12. Some muscles are specially designed to maintain the erect _______e of the human
The skeletal muscles of the rib cage and the abdominal cavity produce the various
muscular actions of _______ing.
The muscles of the trunk wall increase the interior pressures of the trunk to assist in
ev________n of substances from the body and stabilize the trunk to act as a base for
work of the _____r _______s.
There is also a muscular response used to immobilize an area of the body. This is