13. The general process in which muscle or another type of tissue decreases is called
_______y. A muscle increases in mass through a process called ___________y.
An activity in which a muscle produces tension without a change in length is called
an ________ic exercise. In isotonic exercises, the active muscles change in ______h.
14. The skeletal muscles of one side of the body are controlled by the
(opposite) (same) side of the brain. Thus, injury to the left side of the brain tends to
result in paralysis of the (left) (right) side of the body.
15. The last point where a stimulus can be applied to make a whole muscle contract is
the ______ point. This is the point where the n____________r bundle enters the
muscle. This bundle contains the _____ for that muscle within a common FCT sheath.
16. The Golgi tendon organ is located in the ______n of the muscle. The muscle
spindle is located within the ______y _____y of the muscle. These two organs are both
17. A muscle with small motor units can produce very ____e actions. With larger motor
units, the muscle action is ______.
Check Your Answers on Next Page