7. The type of malaria a person develops is dependent upon:
The species of Plasmodium with which the mosquito is infected
The species of mosquito which bites the individual
The sex of the mosquito
Whether the individual takes chemical prophylaxis
8. Can flea collars be worn by soldiers to repel insects? Why?
9. Prevention of dengue fever is of military important because of this disease:
a. Causes ______________________________________________________
b. Results in _____________________________________________________
10. Answer the following statements TRUE or FALSE.
Active immunization against yellow fever is very effective. _______
There is no specific therapy for yellow fever. _______
Recover from yellow fever confers immunity for only a few months. _______
11. Viral diseases transmitted by mosquitoes include:
12. What is a disadvantage of using Iarvaciding as a method of mosquito control?