13. Mosquito-borne viral encephalitides diseases are ________________________
14. Filariasis differs from other mosquito-borne diseases in that the causative agent is
15. Houseflies transmit the intestinal disease __________________ plus some food
16. The complete life cycle of the housefly requires about _____ days to complete.
17. Sandfly fever is transmitted through the bite of an _______________________.
18. Two reservoirs for sandfly fever are:
19. Elephantiasis is:
a. A disease caused by close association with elephants.
b. An enlargement and thickening of tissues as a complication of African
c. A gross condition caused by the transmission of filarial worms by the tsetse
d. A late manifestation of filariasis.
20. African sleeping sickness is a central nervous system disease caused by a:
Virus, transmitted by a mosquito
Protozoan, transmitted by a tick
Protozoan, transmitted by the tsetse fly
Virus, transmitted by the tsetse fl.