(9) Carefully move the cross-position sensor towards the flag attached to
the cassette holder until an audible lock-in of relays is heard. Lock the sensor down
carefully at that exact position. Home position has now been established at this point.
(10) Turn the power off and re-insert the F4 motor fuse on the power supply.
(11) Turn the power on, and proceed to check for the proper cassette
(holder) location on all formats.
g. Adjustment of Handle Sensors. Make adjustments in the right-hand portion
of the power-assist handle with the end plug removed.
(1) Two opto-interrupters are located in the recess. These respond to
sideward movement. They have been factory-adjusted for optimum sensitivity
consistent with tactile "feel" and should suit a large number of users. If less sensitivity is
desired, or if a switch is replaced, they can be adjusted. The degree of handle
movement between left and right is controlled by the centering of the right-angled "flag"
in the slots of the opto-interrupters. Obviously, at rest, the flag should be equidistant
from each switch half.
(2) To adjust, loosen the Phillips-head screws securing the slotted area of
the flag, slide the flag, and retighten. Figure 1-4 shows the relay contact connection
points on the interface-board headers for ohmmeter checks.
Figure 1-4. Power-assist handle adjustment.