(1) Hand tools required. The following common hand tools are required to
service the SFD.
(a) Slotted screwdriver.
No. 2 Phillips screwdriver.
Set of nutdrivers or a six-inch adjustable wrench.
(e) Set of hex key ("Allen") wrenches.
(2) Thread-locking compound. The use of LoctiteTM number 232 thread-locking
compound is recommended for use on those assemblies subject to stress or vibration,
such as the brake and clutch assembly, motor bracket and adjustment screws and
locknuts on the cassette carriage.
b. Rear Cover Removal and Replacement.
Loosen the three screws securing the rear cover to the chassis.
(2) Lift the rear of the cover approximately one inch (25mm) to disengage
the flange at the front. Slide the cover about 1/4-inch (6mm) toward the rear. Lift the
cover off and set it aside in a safe place.
c. Front Cover and Adapter Plate Removal. Removal of the front cover
provides access for sensor adjustments.
(1) Remove the imaging system following the instructions provided by the
(2) Remove the front cover by removing the three screws securing the rear
lip to the chassis. Lift the cover up and back to disengage the front studs.
(3) Remove the imaging system adapter plate by removing the eight screws
securing it to the SFD and lifting it from the chassis.
When reassembling, be sure to fasten the imaging system adapter plate
securely. Use LoctiteTM number 232 on the screw threads after thoroughly
cleaning off any oil or grease.