DISASSEMBLE THE DEFIBRILLATOR
Follow the procedures for accessing the main circuit board in lesson 1, paragraph
1-3. Use the following procedures to remove the major components. When you have
repaired or replaced the defective module, reassemble it by reversing the disassembly
a. Remove the Defibrillator Main Circuit Board. Remove the
defibrillator/cardioscope from the MRL Porta Pak 90 case to access the defibrillator main
circuit board components.
(1) Remove the defibrillator cover plate as a single unit by leaving the three
screws on the panel installed and removing the remaining eight screws (figure 1-8).
(2) Reach through the paddle set connector opening (at the rear of the
defibrillator) and, with your other hand at the front panel edge, carefully lift up the
defibrillator cover plates.
(3) Disconnect the battery connector (figure 1-9). The battery is secured to
the cover plate with one holding screw.
Verify that the rear capacitor has been discharged before proceeding.
Disconnect the other connectors in the order presented in index in figure
Slide the defibrillator board forward and lift out the chassis.
b. Remove the Paddle Tray.
(1) Remove the two screws (orange lead wires) which connect the test load
resistor to the paddle tray (figure 2-10).
(2) Turn over the defibrillator board and remove the six bottom screws
attaching the paddle tray to the board.
Remove the paddle tray.