SOLUTIONS TO EXERCISES, LESSON 1
1. You are correct if you listed any four of the following:
Proficient in management of medical treatment facilities.
Proficient in counseling subordinates.
Proficient in operations of ambulance sections.
Proficient in operations of other medical sections.
Proficient in dealing with mass casualty situations.
Proficient in interpreting orders. (para 1-4c)
2. The kind of person a leader should be.
The kinds of information and skills a leader should know.
The kinds of actions a leader should do. (paras 1-7a through c)
Serves his own purposes. (para 1-9b(1))
The human race. (para 1-9b(2))
Working together frequently. (para 1-10b(2))
Analyzing the problem.
Setting goals for the unit and for yourself.
7. State of alertness. (para 1-13a(1)(b))
Lowers morale. (para 1-13c(3))
The urge to be helpful. (para 1-14)
A chance for promotion.
Pressure from others. (para 1-14)
11. The needs of subordinates are aligned with the needs of the unit. (para 1-14a)
12. Praise becomes meaningless. (para 1-14a(2))