1-21. ARCTIC SUPPLEMENT TO THE UNITIZED GROUP RATION
(1) The Arctic Supplement, when used in combination with the UGR,
provides additional beverages and kilocalorie snacks for the war fighter in a cold
The Arctic Supplement is only to be used to augment the UGR/H&S.
(3) The Arctic Supplement is designed to simplify and streamline the
ordering process of these items.
b. Product Characteristics.
(1) The Arctic Supplement assembly consists of soups, warming beverages,
snacks, hinged foam three compartment trays, and hot cups with covers.
(2) Each module promotes the consumption of increased fluids and the
number of kilocalories required in cold environments.
(3) Each module is unitized into three shipping containers; two modules per
tier on a pallet, four tiers, for a total of eight Arctic Supplement modules per pallet.
This supplement provides approximately 914 kilocalories.
The shelf life is 18 months at 80F (27C).
The average weight of the module is 60 pounds.
c. Additional Information.
The DSCP is currently in the process of procuring this supplement.
(2) Once the supplement becomes available, it will replace the Unitized Tray
Pack Arctic Supplement.
Food service personnel prepare the Arctic Supplement for serving.