1-23. MEAL, ALTERNATIVE REGIONALLY CUSTOMIZED
(1) The Meal, Alternative Regionally Customized (MARC) was created out
of a need to support Guantanamo Bay Naval Base (GTMO) detainees.
The meal may be used to provide for other detainees.
b. Product Characteristics.
The MARC is a self-contained, shelf stable meal packaged in a single
(2) It is a vegetarian ration with unique dietary and component
(3) Each entre menu contains food components familiar to Southwest
Asian/Middle East populations.
(4) Based on the product design parameters, the MARC does not include
"prohibited products" such as beef, pork, poultry, or any other animal product or animal
by-product in any of the entres or meal components.
The MARC is not kosher or halal certified.
Except for the beverages, the entire meal is ready to eat.
Each case contains ten different meals, one of each menu.
The contents of one MARC meal bag provide a minimum of 700
The contents of one meal bag provide a minimum of 700 calories.
(9) The shelf life is a minimum of 12 months at 80F (27C) from the time of
Contractors will ship the MARC with no less than 9 months shelf life