EXERCISES, LESSON 2
INSTRUCTIONS: Answer the following exercises by marking the lettered response
that best answers the question, by completing the incomplete statement, or by writing
the answer in the space provided at the end of the question.
After you have completed all of these exercises, turn to "Solutions to Exercises"
at the end of the lesson and check your answers. For each exercise answered
incorrectly, reread the material referenced with the solution.
1. The primary function of the urinary system is ____________________________
2. The renal cortex contains millions of ___________________________________.
3. Along the edges of the renal pelvis are cup-like projections called the__________
________________ and ________________ ____________________________.
4. Urine is passed through each ureter by _________________________________.
5. The male urethra is how long? ________________________________________.
6. The female urethra is how long? ______________________________________.
7. Water and organic molecules are filtered from the blood in the
8. Water and usable chemicals are reabsorbed into the blood in the
9. Normal urine is composed of ___________________ and _______________.
10. The passage of a small amount of urine in a given period of time is called