11. Anuria is considered to be the passage of ____________________ ml of urine in
a 24-hour period.
12. The presence of blood in the urine is called _____________________________.
13. When collecting a clean-catch urine specimen, cleansing the urinary meatus is
necessary because ________________________________________________.
14. Once the first urine specimen has been placed in the 24-hour collection container,
you must _________________________________________________________.
15. A KUB is an X-ray of the ______________________, _____________________
16. List 4 reasons for insertion of a catheter.
17. Why must a catheter be lubricated prior to insertion?_______________________
18. When inserting a retention catheter, you must inspect the catheter, ____________
_____________________________________________________, and connect
the catheter to the drainage system, before insertion.
19. When is it acceptable to collect a urine specimen from the urine drainage bag?
20. Where should the retention catheter for a male patient be taped? ___________