THE ORDER OF THE PROCEDURE
a. Remove artifacts.
b. Measure part.
c. Set control panel.
d. Technical Factors: Film size-10 x 12" (24 x 30 cm) crosswise
1. Divide film in half crosswise
2. Detail screen table top
3. 60 kVp range
f. Patient/Part position: Patient seated at end of table with elbow flexed about 90 degrees with hand
and wrist resting on cassette, palm down.
1. Drop shoulder or raise table height so shoulder, elbow and wrist are on the
same horizontal plane.
2. Align hand and wrist to the center of, and to the long axis of the unmasked
half of the cassette.
3. From pronated position rotate hand and wrist laterally 45 degrees.
4. For stability place a 45 degree support under the thumb side of hand to
support hand and wrist in a 45 degree oblique position, or partially flex fingers
to arch hand and lightly rest fingertips on cassette.
g. CR: CR perpendicular to film, directed to
mid carpal area.
on all four sides, include distal
radius, ulna, and metacarpal area.
j. Immobilization: Pre exposure instructions: Hold still; don't move.
k. Shielding: Place lead shield over patients lap to shield gonads.
l. Demonstrates: Mid and proximal metacarpals, carpals, (especially trapezium and scaphoid ) distal
radius, ulna and associated joints of the wrist in the true oblique position.