Characteristic cells of fibrous CT are
. Cartilage cells are also
. Cells that make and repair bone are
that tear down and remove bone are
The matrix of fibrous CT consists of
. The matrix produced
by cartilage cells appears h
. Fat CT has a matrix of
10. Two major types of fibrous connective tissue (FCT) are
is a filling substance around most organs and tissues of the body, and
which is found, for example, in ligaments and tendons.
What type of connective tissue has an amorphous, homogeneous matrix?
What type of connective tissue has a matrix of lipid (fat or oil)?
What are muscle tissues?
14. The cells of one type of muscle tissue are spindle-shaped, contain one
nucleus, and are not striated. What is this tissue called?
15. Which type of muscle tissue has cells which have one nucleus and are short,
branched, and striated?
16. Which type of muscle tissue has cells which have numerous nuclei and are
long and cylindrical?
What is nervous tissue?
18. What type of tissue has cells that respond to stimuli and transmit