21. Shellfish are inspected in order to determine count per container. When the
veterinary food inspection specialist performs this inspection, he is inspecting for:
22. Shipments of Skipper's Deep Sea Scallops (a brand name item) are inspected at
destination only for conformance to all terms of the contract.
23. For destination inspection, a USDA Certificate provides essential information for
Veterinary Service personnel.
24. A contract requires 17 shrimp or less per pound. In your inspection, you have
emptied the container and removed all shrimp (tails) with less than 5 segments.
The number of shrimp in the container is 343. The weight of the shrimp is 20.8
pounds. What is the number of whole shrimp per pound?
25. Determine whether the percentage of shrimp flesh meets the requirement. In the
sample selected, there are 20 breaded shrimp weighing 16 ounces. When they
are debreaded, they weigh 7.7 ounces. Does the sample meet the requirement?