44. When growing areas are contaminated with a microscopic plant named Gonyaulax
catanella, what might happen if mollusks from the area are eaten?
b. A tingling, burning sensation.
c. Paralytic poisoning.
45. Which of the following unacceptable conditions for oysters develops after shucking
and packing and is caused by a yeast growth that can develop at temperatures as
low as 0o F?
Pink or red oysters.
46. If the gills and mantle of oysters have a bluish or greenish color, will this condition
be harmful if the oysters are consumed?
47. Which of the following is an acceptable condition for scallops?
Yellow tinges around the edges.
Small pink nodules 1/4 inch in diameter.
Dark gray scallops.
Light gray scallops.
48. When there is excessive feeding on certain types of seaweed, shrimp have a
strong medicine odor and taste. If pronounced, this condition is unacceptable. It is