26. ____________________ is defined as an organizational function directed
towards preventing accidents and injuries and the lowering of financial loss.
27. A ____________ risk is associated with the delivery of health care and is a
concern when any unintended negative result occurs, such as a patient developing a
hospital-acquired (nosocomial) infection following surgery.
28. The risk encountered from being in proximity to the medical treatment facility is
29. (CIRCLE ONE) Original medical or dental records WILL/WILL NOT be
released directly to the patient or his authorized representative in cases of potential
compensable events (PCEs).
30. The _______________________ Committee will actively participate in the
quality assurance program and assure that quality care is being delivered within the
medical treatment facility (MTF) and by the separate activities under its command.
31. One function of the ________________________________ Committee is to
review the care received by inpatients with excessive lengths of stay for the diagnoses,
DRGs, or procedures.
32. The Impaired Provider Ad Hoc Committee membership should include:
33. The ____________________________ will conduct administrative record
reviews, give administrative support to the MTF-wide Quality Assurance Program, and
assist committees, departments, and services in patient-care assessment studies.