records and parts specialist, power generation equipment repairers, a utility equipment
repairer, and a recovery vehicle operator.
(1) Motor sergeant. This sergeant oversees unit maintenance performed on
wheel and track vehicles, on material handling equipment (MHE), and on tactical power
generation equipment. This sergeant also supervises vehicle recovery operations, tire
and tube repair activities, and upkeep of hand and power tools. This sergeant instructs
and supervises lower-skilled personnel in troubleshooting and in proper unit
maintenance and procedures.
(2) Light wheel vehicles mechanics. These mechanics diagnose
malfunctions of light wheel vehicles. They troubleshoot and perform unit maintenance
on internal combustion engines and accessories, on power train and chassis
components of light wheel vehicles, and on associated items.
(3) Equipment records and parts specialists. These specialists maintain
equipment records and repair parts lists. They perform maintenance control duties.
They requests, receive, store, issue, and turn in repair parts. They initiate and keep
records on equipment's use, operations, history, maintenance, modification, and
(4) Senior and power generation equipment mechanics. These mechanics
perform unit maintenance on tactical utility and precise power generation equipment
and on associated items. This includes arc welders, electrical load banks, and motor
generators. They perform corrective maintenance on mechanical, electrical, and
hydraulic systems and/or components.
(5) Utility equipment repairer. This repairer performs unit level maintenance
on the medical support company's environmental equipment.
(6) Recovery vehicle operator. This individual operates the company
headquarters 5-ton wrecker to recover medical support company vehicles.
d. Dining Facility Element. The dining facility element provides field-feeding
services for the medical support company. It is staffed with a food service sergeant,
first cook, and cooks.
Food service sergeant. This sergeant supervises unit field feeding
(2) First cook and cooks. These cooks prepare and serve rations to unit
personnel to include patients in the holding platoon.