(4) Position the collimator so it is "square" with the X-ray tube and tighten
the lock screw in the split ring that screws into notches in the upper swivel ring and the
lower swivel ring. The collimator should now be locked in place. Carefully replace the
collimator's protective cover over the blades.
(5) Connect the collimator cable to its plug connector on the bracket at the
left rear of the tube carriage.
(6) The column can be leveled by placing the spirit level on the column rails
and adjusting the four leveling screws on the ends of the main frame.
(a) The accuracy of leveling should be checked with the column at both
end positions as well as in the center of the rail.
(b) To facilitate setting the leveling screws, move the column to the
opposite end of the rail.
(c) Once you have determined the rail is level, tighten the screws on
the floor-mounting brackets.
SPOT-FILM DEVICE PARTS REPLACEMENT
a. Interface Printed Circuit Board Removal.
Turn off the power to the SFD.
(2) Remove the rear cover by loosening the three screws securing it to the
chassis. Lift the rear cover about one inch to disengage the flange at the front. Slide
the cover about 1/4 inch toward the rear. Lift it off and set it aside in a safe place.
(3) Disconnect all ribbon-cable connectors and headers from the circuit
board. Individual wires, including those in harnesses, are wired to the headers. It may
be necessary to use a pocket screwdriver or similar tool to pry the ends of the headers
away from the circuit board. Alternate from end to end to avoid bending the pins. Do
not use any more force than absolutely necessary.
(4) Remove the five screws, three in the rear and two in front, securing the
board. Lift out the board. Reassembly is the reversal of the above procedure.