(5) Loosen the chain tension and move the belt to the gear box for further
slack on the head-end.
(6) Remove the two hex socket-cap screws and hardware at each end of
the chain. Remove the chain.
(7) Use two of the screws and the associated hardware you removed in step
6, to attach the replacement chain to the chain guide at the foot end of the table.
(8) Thread the chain around the gear-box sprocket and idler to the
head-end anchor position. Secure the assembly in place with the hex socket-cap
Re-tension the chain (refer to paragraph 1-4g in Lesson 1).
(10) Remove the wooden wedges.
(11) Replace the covers.
TUBESTAND PARTS REPLACEMENT
If it is determined a steel cable needs replacing, remove the collimator and the
over-table X-ray tube first.
a. Collimator Removal. Remove the collimator using the following procedures.
Cut off power at the main power source.
(2) Carefully remove the collimator's protective blade cover. Be very careful
with the small blades on the collimator because they are easily damaged. Disconnect
the collimator cable from its plug connector on the bracket at the left rear of the tube
Turn the entire assembly (collimator and X-ray tube) over.
The collimator can easily fall from the tubestand when its retaining rings
are removed. While one person removes the over-table collimator, a
second person must hold the tube carriage at an accessible height.
(4) Unlock the collimator by removing the lock screws in the split ring which
screws into notches in the upper and lower swivel rings. Remove the split ring.
Remove the lower swivel ring.