Remove the collimator from its upper swivel ring and rest it on a flat
Carefully replace the protective cover over the collimator blades.
b. X-ray Tube Removal. Remove the over-table X-ray tube using the following
procedures. While one person removes the over-table X-ray tube, a second person
must hold the tube carriage at an accessible height.
Rotate the X-ray tube up (port down).
(2) Disconnect the anode cable from the anode-cable port and the cathode
cable from the cathode-cable port.
Use the shorting bar on the cable tips to discharge potentially fatal
charges which may be stored in the cables.
(3) Disconnect the tube's rotor cable from its plug connector on the bracket
side at the left rear of the tube carriage (as viewed from the front).
The X-ray tube may fall from the tubestand when its retaining screws are
removed. Since it weighs approximately 42 pounds (20 kilograms), have
another person hold it in place while performing the following steps.
(4) Remove the four screws from the collimator ring and the outer
tube-mount spacer to remove the tube from the tubestand.
Remove the X-ray tube and place it on a flat surface.
(6) Inspect both spacers to ensure they are serviceable. If necessary,
replace them by removing the four screws holding the tube-mount spacers and
collimator to the tube.
c. Steel Cable Replacement. Use the following procedures to replace a
defective steel cable in the tubestand.
(1) Remove the three 3/8-inch bolts securing the column to the longitudinal
carriage and carefully lay the column down.
(2) With the column in this position, pull the counterweight to the top
opening in the column and remove the defective cables from the counterweight as well
as the vertical carriage. Replace them with new cables.