(3) With the replacement cables attached, carefully lift the column back into
the upright position and secure it to the longitudinal carriage with the three, 3/8-inch
d. X-ray Tube Installation. Reinstall the X-ray tube using the following
(1) Rotate the tube carriage so the carriage-tube mounting surface faces
upward. Have another person hold the carriage in this position.
Remove the four screws holding the inner tube-mount spacer to the
Position the X-ray tube on the tubestand with its port facing down.
(a) Position one tube-mount spacer (1/16-inch thick) between the X-ray
tube mounting surface and the tubestand mount.
(b) Ensure the cable sockets point toward the vertical column.
(4) Attach the tube to the tubestand with the four screws, through the
collimator ring and the second (outer) tube-mount spacer.
(5) Connect the tube's rotor cable to its plug connector on the bracket at the
left rear of the tube carriage (as viewed from the front).
(6) Connect the anode cable to the anode-cable port and the cathode cable
to the cathode-cable port. Make sure these cables are routed so the tube assembly can
roll 180 from a "ports-down" position.
Allow the assembly to rotate, via gravity, so the X-ray tube is down
e. Collimator Installation. Reinstall the over-table collimator using the
Remove the cover protecting the collimator blades.
(2) Turn the collimator upside down and position it on its upper swivel ring.
Ensure its front panel faces away from the vertical column.
(3) Install the split ring around the collimator lower swivel ring and upper
swivel ring. The hinge of the split ring must line up with the pin in the lower swivel ring.
Be sure the screw is tight.