(6) Inspect for broken strands by running a soft cloth such as a towel, along
the entire length of both cables, including the points of attachment to the counterweight
holder. If the cloth snags at any location along the cable's length, it indicates strands
(7) Move the spot-film device to its lowest possible position. A third cable is
attached to the counterweight holder at the center bottom. Inspect this cable by
following the procedure described above.
Remove the table top, following the procedure in paragraph 1-4d below.
(9) Inspect all cables for rust or corrosion, kinks, and broken strands, as
already described. Check all fittings at the point of attachment on all cables.
(10) Replace all covers after the cables have been inspected or replaced.
d. Table Top Removal and Replacement.
Remove the three flat-head Phillips screws from the rear edge of the
Push on the front edge of the top and lift it from the table.
(3) To remove the subtop from the table, move the table-top frame towards
the end of the table with the most clearance from the wall.
Remove the bracket at the exposed end of the table which holds the
(5) Loosen the screws in the brackets holding the subtop at the front and
rear of the table.
Move the table-top frame to the other end of the table and repeat steps
(4) and (5).
Slide the subtop off the body of the table.
The subtop is fragile! Handle with care.
(8) Replace the subtop by sliding it under the front and rear brackets (two
brackets at each end of the table) and replace the foot and head end brackets. Tighten
the screws holding the front and rear brackets.
(9) Replace the table top by positioning it on the table-top frame carriage
and pushing on the rear edge while guiding it into place. It will be necessary to adjust
its longitudinal position in order to align the mounting holes in the table top and carriage.