(a) The switch closest to the front of the table prevents tilt when the
table is vertical, and tilt head-end down is activated, unless the spot film device carriage
is in the center of the table. This switch should be set to allow tilt down to 78 degrees
when the spot-film device is near the head end of the table.
(b) The switch towards the rear of the table prevents tilt when the table
is horizontal, and tilt head-end up is activated, unless the spot film device carriage is in
the center of the table or near the foot-end of the table.
(4) If the above procedures are followed and "tilt" is not correctly prevented,
check the microswitch sensor on the rear counterweight. The microswitch must be
positioned so it will activate when the rear counterweight passes it. Reposition it with a
screwdriver, if necessary.
(5) If the microswitch does not work, replace it with part number (p/n)
4181.062.01, SW-V3L-1 21-8 1.285 Arm Microswitch. Replace any of the four mercury
switches with p/n 4181.216.03, 5-amp, 115-volt, single-pole, single-throw (SPST)
k. Table-Top-Cam Switch Adjustment. The table longitudinal-drive-cam
switches are set at the factory and should not need adjustments in the field. If
adjustment is necessary, follow the procedures below. During operation, table top
movement should meet the following specifications.
(1) The table top can be positioned to a maximum of 30 inches past the
head end of the table body.
(2) The table top can be positioned to a maximum of 30 inches past the foot
end of the table body.
(3) The table top returns to the center position from either the head or foot
end using the center-momentary switch located on the front skirt of the table.
(4) With table vertical, the table top should move to either the head or foot
end of the table no more than one inch.
Table Top Movement Left-Limit Adjustment.
Verify adjustment is necessary.
(a) Place a piece of tape on the table top frame 30 inches from the left
(head) end. Mark the 30-inch position exactly for reference.
(b) Press the top-left switch (A in figure 1-2) until the table top stops. If
the table top stops when the 30-inch reference mark is aligned with the head end of the
table body, no adjustment is necessary.