Count all items not issued on hand receipt. Make a list of any shortages
(4) Check end items for completeness. Use the proper TM or SC to identify
components. Make a list of any component shortages or overages. Check the
document register to make sure component shortages are on request.
(5) Verify serial numbers. Check the serial number of the item with the
serial number recorded on the property book. Make a list of any serial number
(6) If items are in maintenance, make sure the maintenance request is valid.
Check open maintenance requests with the supporting maintenance facility.
Report damaged equipment to unit maintenance personnel for repair.
(8) The outgoing PBO conducts causative research for differences as
discussed in paragraph 3-5b(10).
(9) After the proper actions in paragraph 3-6b(1) through (8) above have
been completed, the incoming PBO completes the statement of accountability for the
c. When the inventory cannot be completed within the prescribed time (30
days), extensions may be requested from the commander making the appointment. If
an extension is not granted, the incoming PBO becomes accountable on the effective
date. Extensions must be in writing and will not exceed 30 days. A maximum of two
extensions may be requested.
PERFORM AN ANNUAL PROPERTY BOOK INVENTORY
This inventory is required when property books are kept at other than the using-
unit level. The PBO conducts this inventory. All items not issued on hand receipts must
a. Take the following actions prior to the inventory.
(1) Make sure all completed receipt, turn-in, and adjustment documents
have been posted to the property book.
(2) Compare hand receipts with the property book to find the items not
issued. Make a list of these items.
(3) Make sure there is a property book page for each property book item
listed on the hand receipts. Make a list of any differences.