(2) The new LRP provides approximately 400 more calories than the
(3) The new packaging system includes a new peelable seal menu bag and
will allow the LRP to be assembled on the same manufacturing lines as the MRE, using
the same size case.
(4) The new packaging system relies on the use of a brick-shaped package
for the entres that has resulted in a 20 percent increase in the LRP packets per pallet
(from 480 packets to 576 packets).
The LRP has been replaced by the MCW/LRP.
1-11. MEAL, COLD WEATHER/FOOD PACKET, LONG RANGE PATROL
(1) This ration was designed to meet the Joint Service requirement of the
Marine Corps and the Army Special Operational Forces (SOF).
(2) The Marine Corps requires appropriate nutritional and operational
characteristics for extreme cold environments and the SOF require a long life restricted
calorie ration to be used during initial assault, special operations, and long range patrol.
b. Product Characteristics.
(1) Each ration provides a dehydrated entre, cereal bar, cookies, candy, a
powdered beverage, accessory packets, and plastic spoons.
(2) This lightweight meal/ration packet includes ready to eat items and
instant entre that can be eaten dry if necessary.
Extra drink mixes are included to encourage water consumption.
One shipping container contains one of each of the twelve menus