An exothermic reaction (gives off) (takes in) heat.
An endothermic reaction ______________heat.
9. A reaction is in equilibrium if the reactants are being formed from the
___________ at the same rate as the products are being formed from the
_______________. The symbol used to indicate that a reaction may go in both
directions is ________________________.
The formula weight of a compound is also known as its ________________
weight. If the molecular weight is expressed in milligrams, it is known as the
_____________ molecular weight. If it is expressed in grams, it is known as the
_______________ molecular weight. The formula weight of carbon dioxide is
12 + 16 + 16 = 44. The milligram formula weight of carbon dioxide is ______.
The gram formula weight of carbon dioxide is __________.
11. The milligram molecular weight of a compound is the sum of the a________
w_______s of all the atoms that appear in its chemical formula, with the weights
expressed in ________________.
12. Using Table 1-1 in this subcourse and rounding the atomic weights to the nearest
whole number, what is the milligram molecular weight of sodium bicarbonate,
Na + H + C + O + O + O
Atomic weights: __+ __+ __+ __+
Adding the atomic weights, we get a formula weight of __________.
Thus, the milligram molecular weight is _____________.
The gram milecular weight is _____________________.
13. A mole of NaHCO3 weighs _______ grams. A liter of a 1M solution of NaHCO3
contains ________grams of NaHCO3.
14. The milligram equivalent weight of a compound is its milligram molecular weight
divided by the total ____________ or _______________v ___________.