Missed or delayed meals and/or snacks.
Over exertion or strenuous exercise.
b. Signs and symptoms of hypoglycemia include the following. Onset may be
Pale, cool, clammy skin.
Hunger, often quite sudden.
Low blood sugar level.
(10) Small urine output (oliguria).
(11) Urine frees of sugar and acetone.
(1) The symptoms of hypoglycemia are a reflection of the effects of a low
blood glucose level upon the central nervous system, along with the release of
(2) Decreasing uptake of glucose by the CNS and lowered utilization of
oxygen by the brain will result in permanent damage to CNS neurons.
(3) The primary factor in prevention of the problems of hypoglycemia is
early recognition of the symptoms. Initiation of treatment can eliminate the reaction and