(4) Maintenance of long term patient rosters to project patient disposition in
coordination with other staff elements.
(5) Coordination of Temporary Disability Retired List (TDRL) examinations.
(6) Administrative management of very seriously ill, seriously ill (VSI/SI), and
special category patient (SPECAT) reporting requirements.
(7) Preparation of certificates of birth.
(8) Initiation of Line of Duty determinations and coordination of any follow-up.
(9) Third-party liability reporting to the recovery judge advocate (RJA).
(10) Coordination of the Ancillary Medical Services Program, if operated, under
provisions of AR 40-3.
These services are provided retired members and family members who are
receiving care from civilian sources.
(11) Decedent affairs services including:
(a) Preparation of certificates of death.
(b) Coordination of notifications.
(c) Coordination of the disposition of remains with appropriate authorities.
(d) Coordination for services under the Survivors' Assistance Program for
eligible next-of-kin (NOK).
e. Outpatient Medical Records Branch. Functions include:
(1) Management of health record (HREC) and outpatient treatment records
(OTR) operations in the hospital and in all TMC/health clinics functioning as elements of the
installation-wide Primary Care and Community Medicine Services.
(2) Technical assistance in medical records management for clinics at other
installations in the HSA.
(3) Preparation of patient recording cards for all patients.
(4) Operation of a records control program to assure the delivery, return, and
follow-up of records removed from the records room.