b. Patient Accountability Branch. Functions include:
(1) Admissions and dispositions. This office is open 24 hours daily for
administrative admission and disposition of patients.
(2) Evacuation and transfer. Provides for transfer, movement, receiving and
pickup of patients to and between MTFs.
(3) Performing all DEERS eligibility inquiries as required in accordance with
DOD regulations and instructions, when not provided automatically through the Composite
Health Care System (CHCS).
(4) Managing and controlling eligibility inquiries for the MEDCEN / MEDDAC /
DENTAC in accordance with DOD regulations and instructions.
(5) Verification of eligibility of care.
(6) Operation of a Medical Services Account. Responsible for collecting and
accounting for services provided in the facility, e.g., medical bills and dining facility
(7) Operation of a central clearance activity for all patients being dispositioned
and for those military patients departing on an interim basis.
(8) Coordination of administrative support for active duty personnel absent sick
in nonmilitary MTFs.
(9) Operation of the Patients' Trust Fund.
(10) Operation of the Patients' Clothing and Baggage Section when authorized
by the commander.
(11) Operation of the Hospital Information Activity when directed by the
commander. Usually, this section is placed in the Office of the Information Management
c. Medical Records Administration Branch. Functions include:
(1) Medical records administration consultation for the management of all
(2) Conducting MTF-wide medical records training programs.
(3) Custodianship of inpatient medical records.