(4) Days credit. Show the total days of creditable absence. Include the day of
departure and exclude the day of return. If the patient has not returned by the end of the
month, the month-end posting will include as the credit the day of departure on leave plus
the remaining days of the month.
(5) Days charged. Show the remainder of total days (#3) above) minus days
credit (#4) above).
(6) Invoice or bill number. Post the number after preparing DA Form 3154.
(7) Charges, hospitalization. Compute by multiplying the days charged by the
rate of charge.
(8) Charges, other. Include any other charges which may apply, such as
charges of prosthetic devices, appliances, spectacles, or other such items which are
furnished to certain patients on a reimbursable basis.
(9) Total. Enter the sum of hospitalization plus other charges.
(10) Payment received. Post from information supplied by DA Form 3154.
(11) Balance due. Enter the remainder after deducting the payment received
from the total charges.
Figure 4-12. DA Form 3153, Billing Data Section.